• Match buys Hinge, furthering its dating app domination

    25 days ago - By Fast Company

    Match Group now owns most of the dating apps you probably use on a regular basis.
    Match Group has announced that it has bought a majority stake in the dating app Hinge. The company acquired a 51% ownership of Hinge, with the option to acquire the remaining 49% of Hinge within the next twelve months. With its Hinge acquisition, Match Group continues its dating app domination. Matter of fact, Match Group probably owns most of the dating apps you probably use on a regular basis. Match Group's current portfolio of dating apps now includes Hinge, Tinder, OkCupid, Match, and Plenty of Fish-along...
    Read more ...

     

  • Tinder's Parent Company Is Buying an Anti-Tinder Dating App

    26 days ago - By Fortune

    Match Group , which has become a behemoth in online dating by swallowing promising independent brands, is doing it again. The company is purchasing a controlling stake in Hinge, a seven-year-old company that has positioned itself as a counterbalance to the casual dating scene on Tinder, Match's flagship product. Match mtch will take a 51% stake, with the option to buy the remaining shares over the next year, according to both companies. Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Hinge is the fifth-highest grossing dating iPhone app, according to the research firm App Annie. (Tinder has...
    Read more ...

     

  • Tinder's owner took a controlling stake in Hinge as it stares down the threat from Facebook

    Tinder's owner took a controlling stake in Hinge as it stares down the threat from Facebook

    26 days ago - By Business Insider

    Tinder owner Match has acquired a 51% stake in Hinge for an undisclosed fee.
    Match first took a stake in Hinge in September last year and has the right to acquire its remaining shares over the next 12 months.
    It strengthens Match's dominance in online dating as Facebook looks to enter the market.
    Tinder's parent company Match has taken a 51% stake in dating app Hinge, strengthening its dominance in dating as Facebook looks to enter the market.
    Match announced the acquisition on Wednesday, but did not disclose financial details of the deal. It has the right to acquire the remaining shares...
    Read more ...