The CEOs of Google and Apple both fell out of favor with employees this year - here's why, according to a survey of tech workers
Glassdoor's annual 100 Highest-Rated CEOs report reveals both Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai dropped heavily in the rankings, which are determined by anonymous employee feedback.
Cook, in particular ,dropped 43 spots from his place in last year's report, distinguishing himself as the tech CEO with the biggest dip in rankings.
A Glassdoor spokesperson told Business Insider that employees cited Apple's culture of secrecy and high stress for Cook's drop...
...and Google's growing corporate and bureaucratic work culture as the reasons behind the negative feedback for Pichai.
The past year hasn't been smooth sailing for the tech industry.
On Tuesday, Glassdoor released its annual 100 Highest Rated CEOs report, showing that CEO Mark Zuckerberg dropped six spots in the rankings. It's not particularly surprising, given Facebook's scandalous year - but Zuck still got off early compared with some of his tech CEO peers.
The report, which aggregates anonymous and voluntary employee reviews, shows Apple CEO...
The last Posts from "Business Insider"
- Casper's Black Friday sale is live now - here's how to save 10% on mattresses, sheets, and more
- Facebook and Instagram are both down for some users - Facebook says it's working on a fix
- Michael B. Jordan says he has hooked up with fans he met on social media: 'I'm human'
- Britain enters the 'Greek fallacy' phase of Brexit
- Elon Musk's Boring Company is opening a 'brick store' - here's a first look
- 'I get yelled at at least once a day': IKEA restructured its stores to become more 'customer-centric,' but employees say the plan backfired
- The blackheads on your nose are actually a form of acne - here's how to get rid of them for good
- A Harvard psychologist reveals the secret to curbing your appetite
- Here's what the typical American worker earns at every age
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The players from Peyton Manning's legendary 1998 NFL Draft
- The F-35 stealth fighter just pulled off a massive flex that China's J-20 and Russia's Su-57 aren't anywhere close to matching
- Stocks wipe out 2018 gains as FAANG stocks slide into a bear market
- The 10 worst places to live if you're single
- 9 of the best jobs for people who love dogs
- Elon Musk just announced a new name for the 387-foot-long SpaceX rocket he wants to send to Mars
- 17 brands that had a great year thanks to Meghan Markle
- Amazon employees are reportedly already buying up apartments in New York City - and they started before the company even announced HQ2
- Watch a Black Hawk helicopter snatch a team of soldiers out of the water in this awesome 360-degree video
- The best coffee grinders you can buy
- Why 'Widows' has flopped at the box office despite stellar reviews and a powerhouse cast including Viola Davis and Liam Neeson
The headlines of Business Mag
HOLD FAMILY A multiplayer network game for families
Spend more time with your family and less with your phone with the Hold Family app made by us! :)
SØVN Modern sleep tracking study
The Søvn app is a modern sleep tracker made by us for Bryggen Research AS! #mobile #iOS #android #portfolio
SØVN Modern sleep tracking study
Stocks wipe out 2018 gains as FAANG stocks slide into a bear market
Stocks erased gains for the year Tuesday, dragged lower by the biggest technology companies. FAANG stocks entered a bear market, marking the first in seven years for Google...
France follows Nissan in ousting Renault CEO Ghosn after arrest in Japan for...
Nissan and Mitsubishi shares tumbled in Tokyo after chairman Carlos Ghosn was arrested and as Tokyo prosecutors said he reported only half of his $89 million in...
LuLaRoe is facing mounting debt, layoffs, and an exodus of top sellers, and...
LuLaRoe is a multilevel-marketing company that generated $2.3 billion in sales in 2017. It made its name producing limited quantities of brightly patterned clothing and selling...
US Hotel Occupancy Up 0.8 Percent to 69.9 Percent for October 2018
Revenue per available room up 3.5 Percent to US$93.55
The best coffee grinders you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. Freshly ground...
Target is tumbling after disappointing earnings, and it's dragging Kohl's...
Target missed expectations for third-quarter profits and same-store sales, sending shares down as much as 12% early Tuesday. Kohl's and Best Buy beat on both the top and bottom...
Elon Musk just announced a new name for the 387-foot-long SpaceX rocket he...
Elon Musk and his company SpaceX have been working on a gigantic, 387-foot-long spacecraft that's designed to eventually send humans to Mars. The spacecraft has been dubbed Big...
Amazon employees are reportedly already buying up apartments in New York...
Amazon employees are already buying apartments in New York City, local brokers told The Wall Street Journal. In the week since Amazon announced plans to open headquarters in...
Victoria's Secret's 'overt sexuality,' dark stores, and comments about...
Victoria's Secret 's same-store sales dropped 6% at stores in the most recent quarter, with analysts saying the brand is completely out of touch. They were down 2% including...
Comments on October Housing Starts
Earlier: Housing Starts Increased to 1.228 Million Annual Rate in October Housing starts in October were slightly below expectations, however starts for August and September...