Hotels: Occupancy Rate Up Year-over-Year
From HotelNewsNow.com: STR: US hotel results for week ending 10 March
The U.S. hotel industry reported positive year-over-year results in the three key performance metrics during the week of 4-10 March 2018, according to data from STR.
In comparison with the week of 5-11 March 2017, the industry recorded the following:
• Occupancy: +1.1 at 68.1%
• Average daily rate : +2.0% to US$131.46
• Revenue per available room : +3.1% to US$89.53 emphasis added The following graph shows the seasonal pattern for the hotel occupancy rate using the four week average.
The last Posts from "Calculated Risk"
- Monday: Existing Home Sales
- Goldman: "Moving Beyond Full Employment"
- Schedule for Week of Apr 22, 2018
- Oil Rigs "Middling rig adds"
- Four Q1 GDP Forecasts: Around 2%
- Existing Home Sales: Lawler vs. the Consensus
- BLS: Unemployment Rates Lower in 4 states in March; Kentucky and Maine at New Series Lows
- Hotels: Occupancy Rate Up Year-over-Year, Record Q1
- Lawler: Early Read on Existing Home Sales in March
- Philly Fed Manufacturing Survey Showed "Continued Growth" in April
- Black Knight: National Mortgage Delinquency Rate Decreased in March
- Weekly Initial Unemployment Claims decrease to 232,000
- Thursday: Unemployment Claims, Philly Fed Mfg Survey
- Housing Inventory Tracking
- Fed's Beige Book: "Modest to moderate" expansion, "concern about tariffs"
- AIA: "Architecture billings remain positive in March"
- MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest Weekly Survey
- Wednesday: Beige Book, Architecture Billings Index
- Comments on March Housing Starts
- Housing Starts increased to 1.319 Million Annual Rate in March
The headlines of Business Mag
UBS investment bankers were given a target of 300 client meetings a year to...
UBS's first-quarter profit rose 17% but shares fell 4% in Zurich. The bank's global wealth management business missed forecasts. The investment bank did better than expected...
10 things in tech you need to know today
Good morning! Here is the tech news you need to know this Monday. 1. Aleksandr Kogan, whose quiz obtained millions of users' Facebook profiles for Cambridge Analytica, is...
A British TV star is suing Facebook for defamation over 'scam' bitcoin adverts
British TV star Martin Lewis is suing Facebook after claiming that scammers are using his reputation to ensnare people in "get-rich-quick schemes" through fake ads on the...
Chinese cities wanting peace and quiet are using acoustic cameras to catch...
China is using acoustic cameras to catch honking drivers. Cameras have been rolled out in 40 cities, and work by capturing a two second film of a honking car. The footage is...
American Idol: Jonny Brenns Sings ‘This Is Gospel' By Panic At The Disco...
Photo Credit: ABC On American Idol, Jonny Brenns performed “This Is Gospel” by Panic At The Disco. Jonny showed how he took ballet lessons to help him become more coordinated...
What that creepy William moment on the 'Westworld' premiere means for the...
Warning: Spoilers ahead for the "Westworld" season two premiere. On Sunday's premiere of the second season of "Westworld," the extra-long episode contained an important set-up...
11 details you might have missed on the 'Westworld' season 2 premiere
Warning: Spoilers ahead for the season two premiere of "Westworld." HBO's "Westworld" kicked off its second season with an extra-long episode full of new revelations, as well...
'I made up my mind. he was going to have to work to kill me': 29-year-old...
When a nude gunman opened fire at a Waffle House in Nashville early Sunday morning, 29-year-old James Shaw, Jr. leapt into action. He wrestled the rifle from the shooter...
American Idol: Michael J. Woodard Gives Powerful Performance Of ‘Titanium'...
Photo Credit: ABC On American Idol, Michael J. Woodard gave a powerful performance of “Titanium” by David Guetta featuring Sia. Katy Perry said she is going to Coachella with...
Porsche officials have been charged with doctoring emissions results to make...
Officials from Porsche AG South Korea have been charged with falsifying gas emissions documents. The Volkswagen-owned company also faced raids and a reported arrest in Germany...