• CDC Determines What Caused 647 Chipotle Customers to Get Sick

    1 month ago - By Fortune

    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have confirmed that clostridium perfringens caused a number of people to get sick after eating at an Ohio Chipotle. A total of 647 people reported gastrointestinal issues after eating at the restaurant between July 26 and July 30.
    Clostridium perfringens is a foodborne disease that occurs when food is left at an unsafe temperature, health officials say. The CDC is still testing samples to determine a specific source for the disease. As of now, no specific food item has been named.
    AUG. 16, 2018 CHIPOTLE UPDATE: Stool sample results returned by...
    Read more ...

     

  • 600 Chipotle customers got sick in Ohio, and now we know why

    1 month ago - By Fast Company

    Over 600 people got sick after eating at an Ohio Chipotle. Now we know why.
    Late last month, hundreds of people in Ohio got sick and they had one thing in common: Chipotle. Between July 26 and July 30, over 600 people experienced stomach discomfort after eating at one Chipotle location in the midwestern state. The embattled fast casual chain was hit with a lawsuit over the incident
    Read more ...

     

  • Nearly 650 people got sick after eating at Chipotle. Here's what we know about the foodborne illness they caught, and how to avoid it

    Nearly 650 people got sick after eating at Chipotle. Here's what we know about the foodborne illness they caught, and how to avoid it

    1 month ago - By Business Insider

    Nearly 650 people got sick after eating at a Chipotle in Powell, Ohio. Now we know why.
    The Delaware General Health District said stool samples of sick people tested positive for the bacteria Clostridium perfringens.
    C. perfringens is pretty easily avoided, if food is kept at appropriate storage temperatures.
    The mystery's largely been solved at a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio.
    Nearly 650 people got violently ill with severe stomach cramps and diarrhea after eating there, as Business Insider reported earlier .
    The outbreak started around July 26 , and continued for several days, but...
    Read more ...

     

  • Health officials reveal why nearly 650 people got sick after eating at Chipotle

    Health officials reveal why nearly 650 people got sick after eating at Chipotle

    1 month ago - By Business Insider

    Health officials have discovered the source of a foodborne illness outbreak that sickened at least 647 people who ate at a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio.
    The restaurant failed to store food at a safe temperature, health officials said.
    Stool samples taken from customers who got sick after eating at the restaurant tested positive for Clostridium perfringens, a foodborne disease that occurs when food is left at an unsafe temperature.
    "Chipotle field leadership will be retraining all restaurant employees nationwide beginning next week on food safety and wellness protocols," Chipotle CEO...
    Read more ...

     

  • Health officials reveal why nearly 650 people got sick after eating at Chipotle

    Health officials reveal why nearly 650 people got sick after eating at Chipotle

    1 month ago - By Business Insider

    Health officials have discovered the source of a foodborne illness outbreak that sickened at least 648 people who ate at a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio.
    The restaurant failed to store food at a safe temperature, health officials said.
    Stool samples taken from customers who got sick after eating at the restaurant tested positive for Clostridium perfringens, a foodborne disease that occurs when food is left at an unsafe temperature.
    "Chipotle Field Leadership will be retraining all restaurant employees nationwide beginning next week on food safety and wellness protocols," Chipotle CEO...
    Read more ...